100 Word Challenge Week 21

When a bear was made there was a special locket placed inside. The locket would someday hold something very special.

When a young boy saw the bear he knew he wanted it. He asked his parents but they said he would have to earn money for it. So he did many chores and sold some old toys. When he finally had enough money he went to the store and bought the bear. When he bought it the man working the shop said, “This is a very special bear, treat it carefully.” The boy said okay and dropped it when walking home. Then he felt weird, he couldn’t move. He yelled for help but nothing came out. Then he thought, he was inside the bear.

Bookmark the permalink.

2 Comments

1. I do like your creative interpretation of the image Liam. I feel that this is just the first chapter of what could be a very interesting story.
    Would you consider that you could have used the word ‘but’ instead of ‘and’ in this sentence? …’The boy said okay and dropped it when walking home.’
    And I wonder if the next sentence could have begun without the ‘Then’ What do you think?
    Jackie (Team 100WC)
    New Zealand

2. Dear Liam,
    Nice job on your first blog post! Very interesting idea to make the boy somehow be inside of that lost bear that he so casually dropped and didn’t take care of as he was instructed. Maybe the next time you could give your characters some names to help us relate the them better. Keep up the good work! I’d love to hear more about this story in a future post!
    Mrs. Schmidt